Social Media and Parents
Parents can be so proud of their children's achievements, and rightly so. They often post on social media images and videos celebrating success. However sometimes this can go wrong. Here are a few suggestions on keeping your children's privacy safe online,
- Don't post pictures of your child in thier school uniform.
- Don't tag your child or other children in photos.
- Don't upload photos of other children without their parent's permission, eg, at children's parties, school or sports events.
- Turn off location services.
- Don't give out personal information eg: name or how old they are.
- Make albums and share with close friends and family only.
Here are some links to blogs and useful websites that you may want to read in relation to the above:
Things you need to STOP doing on Social networks.
Social networking advice for parents.
Don't post about me say children.
Are you putting your children at risk by sharing?
The perils of being a social media star.
The following guidelines have been given to schools in the ICT in School Bulletin dated April 2016.