WELCOME TO YEAR 6!
Our Class Teacher is Miss Katy Haygarth and our Teaching Assistant is Mrs Cheryl Dunn.
Topics for Spring Term 1 include:
English - Balanced Arguments, Formal Letters, Diary Entries, Newspaper Report, Descripting Writing and Narratives.
Maths - Ratio and Proportion, Algebra, Measurements (Length and Time) and Fractions.
Science - Our Bodies
Art - Pop Art
History - Ancient Egyptians
Computing - Pop Art Project
R.E. - Christianity
P.E. - Sports
MFL - Spanish
- Spellings are given on a Monday and are tested on a Friday.
- Homework will now be given everyday as the children will be completing homework in their booster books.
- P.E. is on a Tuesday afternoon this half term with Mr Rogers. (Please make sure your child has the correct P.E. kit)
- Times tables will be tested on a regular basis. It is important that your child continues to learn these at home too.
- Children are encouraged to keep a water bottle in school.
Miss Katy Haygarth
Year 6 Teacher
Hello, my name is Miss Haygarth and I am the Year 6 Class Teacher. I consider myself to be a creative person and I love to plan and teach Design & Technology as well as Art.
I encourage my children to have a positive attitude to learning, to always try their very best and take pride in their achievements at school.
Within school, I am the Maths Co-ordinator.
Chinese New Year
Posted 30 January 2017
Today we celebrated Chinese New Year. In pairs, we worked together to solve a New Year Mystery. This involved applying our maths knowledge to a variety of questions ...
Maths Parent Workshop
Posted 6 January 2017
Thank You to all of the parents and carers who attended the Maths workshop on Friday afternoon. It was fantastic for the children to share this session with a relati ...
Read older news
Armistice Day 2016
Posted 11 November 2016
Today, we attended the Armistice Day service at the West Park with Year 2. In preparation for the service, we made a wreath of poppies to lay on the memorial while Year 2 ...