Welcome to 1DW!
Our Class Teacher is Mrs Deborah Wann and our Teaching Assistant is Mrs Mandy Smith.
In year 1 we cover a broad and balanced curriculum. We concentrate on the basic skills of reading, writing and maths but make it fun too! The children will be learning their sounds through Read Write Inc, which will help them with reading and writing. In our geography topic we will be learning about the local environment around the school and in science we will be learning about materials. We also will continue to learn Spanish on a Friday.
- P.E. is on a Monday this half term.
- Homework is given out on a Friday and is to be returned the following Thursday.
- Library books can be changed on a Thursday.
- Home Reading and will be changed on a regular basis.
- Water bottles can be kept in the class all the time and will be refreshed every day
Mrs Deborah Wann
Year 1 Teacher
More information coming soon
Read older news
Welcome to the Class 1 Blog
Posted 18 September 2013
Welcome to the Class 1 Blog!
We will be keeping this section updated regularly (with a bit of help from Mrs Wann). We'll be posting news about what we have been do ...