Ethos and Values
We at Stanhope Primary School are committed to providing a school where children, parents and staff are valued and where we give everyone the opportunity to feel good about their own achievements and the achievements of others, in an atmosphere of security, respect and confidence.
We will strive:
- To develop each child’s unique abilities and qualities in line with National Curriculum requirements;
- To encourage every adult working in our school to develop their skills;
- To forge trusting relationships with parents as co-educators of their children;
- To ensure that there is equality of opportunity regardless of sex, colour, culture or ability;
- To create a happy, orderly school where people are courteous to each other;
- To resource our school to a high standard;
- To support quality teaching and learning;
- To enhance our school building and environment so that we can be proud of where we work;
- To find time to meet everyone’s needs in appropriate ways;
- To care for everyone connected with our school as we would a large, supportive family;
- To build on the long, respected tradition of Stanhope school within the local community.